Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wuv. Twue Wuv.

I feel like a failure not having posted in a week. It has been a helter-skelter seven days with my attention focused on "big-kid" things. Plus, I also wanted all of you to know how much I respect hate Michigan.

I had a conversation with Rock Steady yesterday about his attempts at dating a specimen of the opposite sex. This potential mate works for a local barbershop and cuts his hair on a regular basis.

Amidst his monthly grooming, he has lassoed his hairstylists phone number and the two of them have been out on a few dates. Returning home from his most recent trimming, I asked how things were going between the two of them.

Rock Steady: "I mean, she's great and all. I've made her dinner and we've spent some time together."

Swamp Thing: "But...?"

It was at this point when Rock Steady said something that to me was mildly profound, and sums up what I think every single one of us wants in our lives.

Rock Steady: "Like, we had fun talking about stuff, but the chemistry wasn't there. Like it wasn't as strong as it has been with other girls."

Swamp Thing: "What do you mean by chemistry?"

Rock Steady: "Like, when we got done hanging out, I would be fine with not seeing her for a week. I think that when it's right whenever you get done spending time with them, you can't wait a week. You want to see them again right then. You don't want to wait one second without them."

Bold. Philosophical. And to me is the magnificent definition of what everyone wants to feel in their lives. Or what they want to feel for another person.

That, my friends is Wuv. Twue Wuv.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment