Friday, May 6, 2011

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Whew!

After a 22 page final paper, and the completion of the A to Z challenge, I will admit that I have been a bit wiped out this week. To the whopping 30 people that tune in to this blog on a regular basis, forgive me for lacking on my writing skills this week. I have much needed that 6-day break. However, I will stay consistent to your needs and continue to work on putting a smile on your face every once in a while.

With that being said, I have a question that I don't think anyone can answer;

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

I doubt I am the only person who watched this PBS hit growing up. It was something that every kid wanted to participate in. We all wanted to put the flags on the countries. We all wanted to listen to Rockapella serenade. We all wanted to take orders from "The Chief". We all wanted to find, Carmen Sandiego.

I even had the computer game "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?" on my family's ghettofabulous old school PC, which I would play for hours on end. I came close, but no cigar in trying to locate the most wanted fugitive known to fictional history. She's right up there with Dr. Richard Kimble and Mona Simpson.

Trying to find this jezebel villain is about as easy as locating where Jack Bauer uses the restroom. She is the invisible Waldo. The one that always got away. The one that drunken recounts get told about in bars late at night when "I was this close to finding her, and she slipped between my fingers."

In a realistic sense, we all have our own Carmen Sandiego's, or we are Carmen Sandiego's to someone else out there. Either way, I'll still listen to Rockapella sing their jukebox harmony of the background music used to catch this crimson criminal, and always wonder where she is.

And so I pose this question to my contingency of 30 viewers; Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Do you know where she is?

0 comments:

Post a Comment