Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That...

Let me state even before this post comes to fruition one simple fact. I am not gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I will however in this sub-500 word post recount to you what happened in my life last night. Please, don't judge me. We all have moments that we are not proud of. Moments that are embarrassing. Moments when we slap our hands to our foreheads and say, 'What was I thinking?' Yeah, it happens.

Life began to get interesting around 19:00, when a show magically appeared on my television screen at home, while I was conveniently sitting on the greased sofa in front of it. Alright not magically or conveniently, it just so happens that on Tuesday nights at 8/7 Mountain time, one of my favorite shows hits the air; Glee.

Again, I have to emphasize that I am not gay for being a fan of this show. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It was a re-run. Sadly I know this because I have seen all 38 episodes thus far. Please don't judge.

My interest in Glee comes strictly from the fact that as a child I have been fascinated with singing. I sang in the elementary and junior high school choirs. I was in Chamber Choir in High School. (Go Royals, Go) I have enjoyed singing and protruding my voice as loudly as possible. There's nothing wrong with that is there? I can be a guy and love to sing? Can't I? There are alot of manly men who like singing. Uh, Dexter? He was in Broadway musicals. He's as manly as they get! Or what about uh...Ewan McGregor. He sang his own part in Moulin Rouge, and wielded a light saber for 3 horrible episodes of Star Wars.

All I'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with singing, and being drawn to Glee. Not like I'm Kurt or anything, I just enjoy watching Sue Sylvester rip New Directions kids to shreds, and to watch Quinn, Britney and Santana in their cheerleader outfits. Dang they are smoking hot.

Anyway, this post isn't about Glee. It's about the theme of the night. Following the re-run of Sectionals, I had to make a pit stop at a local store to pick up some tools for an art project I'm working on. That's ok isn't it? Art is manly isn't it? Isn't it? (Waiting for some confirmation while crickets chirp in the background...)

The store was Michael's and all I was going there for was to just pick out some pens. That's all. Nothing else! No flower arrangements. No woven baskets. Nothing else but pens. I'm not that artsy fartsy, I promise.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Picking out a pen is hard however.


Giggity... Sorry, lost focus there for a moment. But just because I had those two words highlighted, and was shopping at an arts and crafts store, does not mean that I don't enjoy the company of girls. Not that there's anything wrong if you do, don't enjoy the company of girls. This post is getting somewhat confusing. I need to wrap it up and go kill a deer or something.

The whole night was summarized by the time I got to the register, and our cashier Shayla assumed that I was the president of the relief society.
This is where the grieved forehead slap occurred. I was going to hit on her, but she would have thought I was trying out my pick-up lines for a member of the opposite sex.

Look, the point of this entire post is just to let all of you know that we have our moments. In my own opinion, I am as masculine as they come. I religiously watch sports. I grow a beard. I burp and fart in public. Just because I watch Glee and shop at Michael's does not mean that I prefer the company of men.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

4 comments:

  1. Grow a beard manly man. and Glee is gay

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....Brock you're so silly! we love Glee! and there's nothing wrong with art. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. not gonna lie this was quite entertaining. No there is nothing wrong with guys liking glee or watching it. there is nothing wrong with going to michael's the only thing I take issue with is the comment about the prequel trilogy of star wars being horrible.

    i know this will cause all kinds of debates but i just have to disagree they were not horrible they were just not the originals..and that is ok that they weren't for us die hard star wars fans we enjoyed them quite a bit.

    anyway I am glad that you like glee and michael's and no there is nothing wrong with it.

    Teresa
    http://icecoldpenguin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's Glee? Anyway, welcome to the challenge.
    I'm of to try to read a thousand other posts.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete