Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week of Days







Before you click on the X in the upper right hand corner, or the backwards arrow in the upper left, hear me out on this week's topic, despite the fact that the title sounds redundantly boring and potentially could make you face plant into your evening bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios because of its lack of excitement.

Laying in bed yesterday at around 1:47 p.m. I thought to myself how it really felt like a Saturday morning. Being nestled in my blanky still at that hour was a major influence upon my thoughts, and yes I did just use the word blanky. Somewhere Linus is giving me an air-high five.

Jerry Seinfeld played a major role in my mental process as I caught the tail end of a conversation between him, Newman, and Kramer about how each day has its own "feel".

Kramer: What's today?

Newman: It's Thursday.

Kramer: Really? Feels like Tuesday.

Newman: Tuesday has no feel. Monday has a feel, Friday has a feel, Sunday has a feel....

Kramer: I feel Tuesday and Wednesday...

Jerry: All right, shut up the both of you!

Cue John Lennon and Paul McCartney singing "8 Days a Week" and play at maximum volume to get full effect.

Every day does indeed have its own feel to it. Some days we hate, some days we love, and some days we plow through with a glazed look across our faces not knowing if we'll be able to get through the entire 24-hour cycle. However when push comes to shove their are days that we look forward to and days that we hate that make up the rotating weekly circuit.

These are their stories.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location: My house

0 comments:

Post a Comment