Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Week of Cache

I still can't feel my legs.

For full effect, download "Last Dance With Mary Jane" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and play at maximum volume throughout the duration of this post. That is probably the first music video that I ever saw as a child.

Seeing as how I am still in the fetal position, and despite the fact that my boss has asked that I stand before a group of booger-eaters three hours a day, I will be composing a short "week of" segment during my stay in the valley of Cache. Now kids, don't get your hopes up, this isn't a full "week of" blog entry, only a few cynical days will be recorded.

This week's entry will have a little bit of sentimental value to me, due to the fact that I'm on the polar north end of the state; a place infested with treadmills, cheese, and Aggies, a place where I even learned how to tip my first cow and land my first round-off. (Don't judge, child gymnastics were a thing in the 90's. Back me up Chuck). You know where I'm talking about, good ol' Logan, Utah.

There are times when I sure do miss this place. The people, the smells, even the six-foot snowdrifts. And yeah, so what if I have to wear a parka in August to ward off pneumonia, I sure do L-word the town I was born and raised in.

Maybe if I'm not that big of a bastard, they feel the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment