Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swamp Thing Smash!

I think that I'm more prone to burning bridges than building them. Of course I'm speaking figuratively in regards to the tattered relationships that lay in shards after my very blunt remarks this afternoon.

For full effect download "Cold Hearted Snake" by Paula Abdul, and play at maximum volume throughout the duration of this post.

By the way, if you're looking for some more motivational team-building exercises, just play jargon charades, unpack a briefcase, or change shirts while being timed. The reward will be those fluttering feelings of self-worth followed by a bro-hug.

For the record, have I mentioned how much I loathe the word Brainstorm? Rather than think about a topic for days on end with no clear solution in sight, do you think a better option might be to actually make a decision? I don't know, just throwing that out there.

Running on four hours of sleep, maybe I'm a little bit more ornery than usual. My coworkers have coined the nickname "Grumpy Bear" for me. They make it seem like I'm the type of person that would backhand an autistic kitten. Don't feel bad, Mrs. Dixie Bo Jackson, I did deserve that bombastic rant from you.

Going back to my original thoughts, you can't always please everyone. And sometimes when you say the honest truth and toss out abrasive comments to a group, you will not be liked by those who are easily offended. Especially if those remarks are in regards to a fundamental focus on professionalism. But hey, you can't win over everyone.

It's been a long day, and I'm already going through Miss Piggy withdrawals. In between GRE drills, video editing, and a numb hindquarters, I'm ready to hit the sack. I think someone out there wouldn't mind hitting me though.


0 comments:

Post a Comment