Thursday, August 30, 2012

PHST Day 5

T.G.I.T. At least I think that it's Thursday. For some reason I have a slight inclination that this corner of the state does not believe in the concept of modern day calendars. That or golf cart paths. They don't seem to be that civilized out here.

For full effect, download "In The Air Tonight" by Genesis and play at maximum volume throughout the duration of this post. Make sure you do the air drumming in sync with the build up as well. It emphasizes the sweetness of that song.

It has come to my understanding that in order to live in this neck of the woods, it is mandatory that one purchases a super loaded Ford F-350, and then fine-tune the art of burning rubber and exhaust at stop lights. Part of me wonders if this is just a mating ritual done to woo their cousins, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions just yet.

For the record, the one hour and forty-five minute segment of my life from 8:40 pm to 10:25 pm yesterday evening has been deleted from human existence. Don't ask about it, don't wonder where I was, don't try and steal my journal to find out. I am never going to ever reveal details about what happened last night. The most you'll ever know is that was a very disturbing angle for a camera, and who says that's what a monkey would do with a football?

Might I also add that in multiple instances on this trip my weakness for 90's band names has been exploited. As was so adequately put, 90's band names are my Achilles heel, whereas they are Keith Tronic's girth.

Keith Tronic: "U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!"

Today has been a fine day, a great day in fact. Between sightings of mushrooms, a deeper understanding of the use of the letter "i" to make something plural, being amazed at how large the Green River is, as well as the debate about whether or not to create the Pouncer app, we have had a stellar time together. I think the sight we beheld while Keith was getting his beverage this afternoon was priceless itself. Oh, that cunning little runt.

I am running out of gas (pun intended). This week has worn me down to the bone. And as I relax on my bed cheering on the Cougars to victory, my thoughts continue to wonder about what will happen tomorrow morning in our last session of the trip. The unanswered question will linger in my mind tonight long after we've gone to sleep. I can picture it now, staring at the ceiling in fear at one in the morning, with muffled laughter coming from both beds next to me, asking myself over and over again a hypothetical screw-up;

What, would we do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment