Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dear Mom,


A few years back for a research project I polled a few of my friends and asked them to tell me what their Mother meant to them. Last night while in retro mode, I found these words on an old website I put together for an undergrad project. I thought it fitting to share these sentiments once again while we herald the women who raised us. 

For full effect, download "Dear Mama" by Tupac, and play at maximum volume throughout the duration of this post. 

For all of the mothers out there who put band-aids on our scrapes. Who made chocolate milk for us every day so that when we came home from school we had our snack waiting for us. Who would let us stay out on summer nights “another 5 minutes” so that we could play night games with our friends. Who would get up at 5:40 in the morning all winter to drive us to basketball practice in junior high. Who hugged, cried, worked, cooked, fed, cleaned, smiled, loved, and gave everything that you had in your life. Here is a simple note to let you know how much we care.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for always being my loudest fan in the crowd.
Brett S.

Dear Mom,
You are the pillars of my life.
Jonathan M.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for not telling Dad I got arrested that night.
Anonymous

Dear Mom,
You are my sunshine.  I can’t imagine my life without you.
Megan H.

Dear Mom,
I couldn’t ask for a better mother than you!
Jordan B.

Dear Mom,
I’ve never met someone so hardworking for her children’s sake.  No matter what you’ll make sure that we succeed first.  You are the bomb!
Taylor S.

Dear Mom,
I’m glad that they have a day when people can appreciate you for for the pain that I put you through.  Happy Mothers Day!
Your smart ass son, Jeremiah

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the circumcision.
Anonymous.

Dear Mom,
I don’t have the words to tell you how important you are to me in just two sentences.  I could fill up novels that would put J.K. Rowling to shame.  Know and never forget that I love you.
Sarah H.

Dear Mom,
I couldn’t have asked for anyone better.
Kari B.

Dear Mom,
To my battery mate, my design partner, my best of friends, and most of all, my Mom.  I love you.
Marcus M.

Dear Mom,
Thanks for never giving up on me.  Throughout my entire mission, and all of the surgeries I’ve had over the years.
Ben F.

Dear Mom,
I miss you more than you know.  I hope you are proud of the woman and mother I have become.
Laura H.

Dear Mom,
I’m thankful for everything that you have done.  You have always been there for me when I needed you, no matter what the situation.
Bryan U.

Dear Mom,
You are the woman that I’m going to spend the rest of my life trying to be like.
Jennifer S.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for raising me to be independent and self-reliant.
Anne W.

Dear Mom,
I will always remember the day that you dropped the F-bomb in “the Happiest Place on Earth.”
Anonymous

Dear Mom,
I think you’re real neat.  I love you all the way to the moon and stars.
Laura W.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for having dance parties with me to cheer me up even though we are both terrible dancers.
McCall P.

Dear Mom,
Thanks for putting everything back together.
Joe L.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for teaching me as a boy, how to be a man.  For your unconditional love, wisdom, and devotion to my success I owe you and am eternally grateful.
Derek L.

Dear Mom,
Thanks for sending me money that you never told Dad about.
Morgan P.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for adopting me.
Anonymous

Dear Mom,
We often imagine our lives turning out a certain way.  I’m not sure if you imagined being where you’re at.  But my dreams wouldn’t come true without you doing what you do.
Ryan R.

Dear Mom,
You taught me how to believe, you showed me how to love, you helped me become who I am today.  I am so proud to be your daughter and so lucky to have you as my best friend.
Lauren G.

Dear Mom,
I heart you more than I heart chocolate.
Ashley H.

Dear Mom,
Thanks for your genes
Anonymous.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for monitoring your language while watching Jazz games when we have company.
Maddie M.

Dear Mom,
I love your determination with exercising and that you always love me no matter what.
Megan J.

Dear Mom,
Thank you for being a miracle in my life.
Scott W.

Dear Mom,
Thanks for not saying no to Dad the night that I was conceived.
Anonymous

Dear Mom,
Thank you for always being there for me every time that I call, and loving me despite all of my mistakes.
JBYM

Dear Mom,
Thank you for the support and trust you have given me in my life.  I may not have listened all the time, but I have always valued and appreciated your opinion.
Holland O.

Dear Mom,
Thanks for being the grace, wisdom, faith, and guidance which has mapped out a course for my life.
John O.

Dear Mom,
I’ll love you forever.  I’ll like you for always.  As long as you’re living.  My baby you’ll be. 
Brock B. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment